Sunday, November 07, 2010

Life Update Fall 2010

I haven't posted for several weeks.  We are probably closing one of the most challenging stretches I've had in the past few years. For 6 out of the last 10 weeks, I have been unavailable to be at home on Saturday.   4 of them I have had no control over, and 2 were at my discretion.  5 of them I was physically away, and for this last one I was mentally away, because I was working at home.

This past weekend has felt like a punch in the gut, because I worked around 14 hours on Friday, and got home at 2 AM.  And Saturday, my help was demanded in a high pressure way, but it was on and off throughout the day.  And these activities didn't get on my calendar until 2 weeks ago.  But thankfully things settled down and we went to a piano concert (David Nevue) Saturday night that was just fantastic.  Then daylight savings occurred and I'm super tired now at 8 PM.

Obviously, if there was no child in our house, my absence would be a more minor inconvenience.  However, I'm needed for emotional support.  Plus, I need to get some things done around the house, and the baby pretty much takes up my time that is available to do those things. Right now I'm choosing to blog rather than do those - because this is one of the things I've been wanting to do.  But when she smiles at us, it is just an awesome feeling, and we forget about any troubles we had.

Don't mean this to think I regret any of these activities, but I thought it would be fun to list
Sept 4 - Labor Day trip (don't worry i don't regret it)
Sept 11 - Disaster Recovery Exercise
Oct 2 - SQL Saturday (at my discretion)
Oct 23 - Disaster Recovery Exercise
Oct 30 - KSU vs OSU football game (at my discretion)
Nov 6 - work from home

Little 'Nique

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it through that busy spell!! I hope that God is providing His peace, love and guidance thorugh it all!! Parenting is tough! I sometimes think, Oh I'd love that phase to begin in my life, and then other times--not! :) I probably don't need to worry about this for a little bit anyway. LOVE litte 'Nique!!!
    L, Mo :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.