We are staying in cabin 18 this summer. Courtney lobbied for us to get a room that has a bathroom attached. It has a skylight, so I can wake up easily on weekday mornings. Everyone at camp gets up early Saturdays, so it's no problem that it will wake me up then too. It actually doesn't wake me up, it just helps me to stay awake once I've woken up.
This weekend is the Altar. So kids, teenagers, adults, anyone can come and camp out in tents. There are worship and prayer times. There are mini-seminars. There are free times when people can explore trails.
I ran into my cousin Jon Taussig last night. He is a youth pastor in the area, but he didn't bring his students this time. He is embarking on a 40-day journey, like the wilderness journies of Moses and Jesus. This is a time when we can pray for him. But he also offered to pray for 1 thing for me. Just 1 thing, because otherwise the list will get too long. Courtney can get 1 thing too. He also said my cousin his brother Ben Taussig is getting back to the States on June 11. He's been in Uzbekistan seems like forever, but it's probably been 2 years.
I feel like I'm mooching off of the resources here, because I'm a spouse I don't have to pay for anything, and I get all priviledges including using this computer. But I convinced myself that I need to take grace and also dish it out sometimes.
I can't wait to tell people about this experience of living at camp. If people don't seem interested, I need to remember to not take it personally.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.