
Famous people: Hillary Swank (pictured)
When did I see this? Friday, February 1, 7 PM
Why did I see this? Courtney passionately wanted to see it, so I asked her out. We hadn't been in the theater since November, so that was special too.
Year this movie was made: 2007
Review: I went expecting to see a template of an urban school story where a teacher comes in and changes everyone. But it was very special and fresh. Based on a true story, this brillant woman turns down more lucrative careers to be a high school teacher in Long Beach. Most of her students are in gangs, and they hate each other based on race. She overcomes a lack of support and the students' child-like reading levels to help them to succeed. You should see it.
If you want to read more about the true story, you can click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.