
This is a touching book about a Chinese Christian, Brother Yun, who was/is greatly persecuted for his faith.
Caution, major plot spoilers ahead!
As a teen he prayed for over a year for a Bible, and finally received one, and he memorized a lot of it. He was sent to preach in various areas near his hometown. He was arrested and miraculously escaped from prison.
He continued to preach a lot, and eventually was arrested again. He went through horrible torture, and then he voluntarily went through a miraculous 74 day fast w/o food or water.
Then I think he got out again, the details are fuzzy, but then he had his legs shattered. Then he walked out of the prison eventually in a miraculous escape. He was able to flee to Germany, and then waited for his family for a while. He actually spent more jail time in Burma trying to retrieve his family.
He now is involved in a movement sending Chinese church members to evangelise the Buddists and Hindus and Muslims between China and Jerusalem.
This was a touching book about someone who was incredibly passionate about Christ, and who did not ever deny him. He does not wish for persecution to leave China, because he fears then that the church would become asleep like it is in North America. I recommend this one. It challenged my faith and my ability to listen to the Lord.
I'm glad you liked this book, Dan. I found it personally challenging, also.
ReplyDelete