Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pete Eye Trio

We just saw the Pete Eye Trio at church, of all places. It felt different, and somewhat refreshing to hear secular music on the sanctuary stage. Secular in the sense that they played music that had nothing to do with Christianity. But that is not at all the purpose of my post.

Pete Eye is also my parents' piano tuner. It is rumored that he once played a rendition of "Sweet Georgia Brown" at my dad's request, and you can imagine all the hollerin' and jumpin' around.

If Pete Eye had any trace of web presence, I'd post a picture.

The concert was also a benefit for a church friend who was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. He is being a major witness with his attitude and his willingness to talk about his faith in a frank and honest way during this trying time.

I couldn't decide which one of the trio I liked the most. The pianist and bassist really impressed me. The drummer was good too, and if I knew anything about drums, I'd probably be more impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.