It's kind of strange that I went to the Church of the Resurrection Men's retreat. But my new manager is an active part of men's ministry, and invited me to go. The topic was "How to Be a Man of the Word" - which sounds good to me.
Our speaker was Dr. Bob Beltz. Friday had special guest musician Paul Clark. Both are old buddies of the guy who runs the COR ministry, name doesn't matter. But even though they are buddies, they are really pros.
The speaker spoke less about application than I wanted/expected. But I got a very good review of the Old Testament and NT and Revelation. I know much more than I used to, and I'd say I understand the Bible more than I did before. So that is good. Also important is just "getting away" to think more about God. I would go again.
Anyone who can give a summary of the Old Testament in one hour is pretty amazing. That's basically what happened on Friday evening. but I was still wondering, how does this apply to me? I'm never going to become that guy.
glad you got to get away! i bet Courtney missed you. didn't she just get back?
ReplyDelete