Sunday, October 05, 2008

Book Review: Football for Dummies

I enjoy watching football, but do not really talk about it Even this weekend, people were rattling off their opinions about various college football matchups. I didn't even know who K-State was playing until Friday afternoon. I can K-State's coach and the quarterback and one receiver, but that is all. So I pretty much have a surface level interest in football. I like to know who won or lost, and how badly.

I thought maybe if I knew more details about football, I would be more interested. Football for Dummies is written by Howie Long, who played on defense in the NFL. So this book is pretty good at describing defensive schemes and players. I really got a lot out of the defense section.

It is good to know more about it, and I truly have enjoyed watching it a bit more, now that I have read more about it. But I don't think I be able to discuss much more when people are chatting about it, because I am still not passionate about the sport.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I'd probably learn a lot about football from that book, since I don't know much.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.