The wife of the COO at my work passed away last weekend. She was only 36 when breast cancer took her life. I invite you to check out her blog http://loloplunkett.blogspot.com/, and the obituary here.
I attended the funeral on Friday. I held back tears at the very beginning during the picture slideshow, with the pictures of her family. But immediately afterwards, when the pastor read Scripture about Christ beating death and winning for us eternal life, I couldn't completely contain myself. Courtney says she never sees me cry, but she wasn't there to see. This brought back memories of when I was in college, and I attended the Overland Park Mayor's Breakfast. When a music professor with a rich baritone voice sang The Lord's Prayer, I just could not contain my tears for probably 10 minutes. That is the only time I really remember weeping. Sometimes in rare moments the Holy Spirit touches my heart, and this time it happened at the funeral of someone I had never met.
You were not alone with the tears Dan. I shared that moment and same reaction....you are a good man.
ReplyDelete