Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Restaurants of Arkansas

We visited 3 new restaurants in Arkansas.

Big Whiskey's Bar and Grill Located in the River Market Area of Little Rock, right down the street from the Clinton Presidential Museum, which we visited immediately before. It offered a smoke free environment and good food - I had a loaded baked potato - good stuff. Jennifer (cousin) treated us to the meal - I was going to pay for her - but that was so nice! It started pouring when we were inside, and we ended up running in the rain to the shops nearby.

Carino's Italian Located in West Little Rock and was really great Italian food. You know what, they had a gluten free guide online! I had the lemon rosemary chicken, and it was better than that sounds - it was stronger on the lemon, weaker on the rosemary. It was a nice environment with good service. And it provided for a good evening activity and one last time spent with Jennifer. (Found out while writing this that one of these is by the Legends in KCK)

AQ Chicken House We were cruising around Fayetteville looking for a place to eat. The original planned place looked like a dingy bar, but down the street we found the AQ Chicken House. The inside is decorated in a weird way - the wallpaper on the ceiling, golden borders, chandeliers - I am not an observant person, but I noticed that the decor was wacky. I wasn't sure if I could eat anything. The waitress plopped down a basket of buttery rolls at the beginning - kind of the chicken house version of chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. But there were several possiblities on the menu - I had the lemon catfish on rice. I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.