Having taken an exam now, I think one book would be sufficient, and then have a very focused review on concepts that might be in the exam. But this time, my philosophy was to read large books. It actually became difficult to retain everything.
Anyway, Courtney and I call these books the "stalker books", because of the pictures on the front. The people are creepily photoshopped together to make it look like they are in the same room, and there they are staring back at you.

This idea originated with this lovely picture on a different one that I read:
Seriously, if you are doing a photo op for a book cover that will be shipped worldwide, wouldn't you think you would make some kind of effort to look nice?I really like the inside of these books though. Since the chapters are written by various people, some of them are better than others. But compared to the other book I got, the pace is much slower and there are more diagrams and extended explanations of the reasons you would use various options. So I really like these Wrox books, and this one was good as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.