Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movie Review: Avatar 3D IMAX

This is the 2nd movie we saw in the theaters in 2010... Shattering our trends from the last two years. Which were 1 and 0 times. We kinda wanted to see Blind Side as well, but didn't get around to it.




I'm not competely sure if IMAX is much better than a regular screen, but we thought we'd go for the best.

I enjoyed all of the special effects of Avatar. Sometimes I felt like I could reach out and touch the things that were seemingly right in front of my nose.

The story of Avatar is quite ridiculous. Spoiler alert! The modern world for whatever reason have become evil, hungry for resources, and not at all interested in cool looking aliens. They have devoted incredible scientific resources to making and training alien clones to learn about the alien culture. However, the aliens are already distrustful of the clones because the clones obviously don't fit it. This whole time, they were just going to blow up the aliens anyway, so I'm not sure why they went through all of that cloning effort. Anyway, a clone ended up falling in love with an alien, and vice versa, but betrays her anyway, and then he becomes their savior and betrays humans. The humans are evil except for the scientists.

I appreciate the movie and hope it opens up the door for more great movies, even ones with plots that make sense.

3 comments:

  1. I actually prefer the Real3D screens to Imax, especially the ones downtown where they have the highest resolution projectors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, this might sound weird but i saw your comment on eric's blog (he reads my blog) and perused your blog as a result. in case you're interested, you might want to check out mine: thedaileebailey.blogspot.com. share with friends if you want!

    --bailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dan! I agree, the plot was not worth much. I am glad I went to see it though-a movie history changing moment in the making! l, Mo :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.