Another selection from the "Stalker Series". those eyes, looking at you, staring at you from the cover. My one female coworker called this guy "not hot". I thought it was more of a Leo DiCaprio look, and I'm jealous of the amount of hair.
This is the fastest I've ever read a tech book. I actually never programmed any of the examples. I flipped through the pages very quickly. It's not so much that I knew everything, but that I just want to get a basic idea of the features. I don't have time to dwell on every topic.
It introduced object oriented programming and basic database concepts, which was surprising. The book really is for beginners and that's probably why I flipped through it.
Next I would like to read Advanced ASP.NET 4.0 or learn about MVC, or Ruby on Rails. My calling as a Computer Scientist and not just Database programmer has been renewed.So hopefully I will put some Object Oriented programming skills to use in my new job.
(this is the first post I've written with the new Blogger features - very nice.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.