Friday, August 06, 2010

New Work

New Work is a good thing.

I started working at a "large financial institution" on Monday.  I am still a consultant, so I am basically a guest at the company, a 6-month-at-least guest. I have tried to never put company names in my blog posts because that compromises my ability to be honest.

My job is to be there just in case someone leaves.  That is because this financial institution fell on hard times and everything is on pause, including bonuses, pay raises, 401K, you know the works.  I went through that at my previous company until I was let go.  One reason I was let go, I am just inferring, was to allow those benefits to continue for remaining talent.  The benefits freeze has been a lot longer for this particular institution, so many people are leaving this company.

And...it so happens that on my 4th day there, the person whom I am supposed to shadow and follow announced that he found work elsewhere and just put in his 2 weeks notice.  so I will be learning a ton in the next two weeks, and will be the Database Administrator for this company.  I will have some backup and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.