This book officially has the worst cover of any book I have read.
This publisher chooses a different animal for every book - and chooses a black and white drawing of it - it's kind of geeky. This particular one is a monkfish - one of the ugliest fish known to man.
This book reminded me of college when I learned/used object-oriented programming. ASP is much easier now, because you can drag and drop, instead of just typing everything. Still, it is difficult to learn without real world experience. Several of the examples in the book didn't work. Next I want to learn ASP MVC 2.0

Gah! Terrifying cover. Hey, I tried to post a comment on your last update re: My Brother's Keeper, but the comment got eaten. I was going to say that I am interested in your book reviews. But now I am going to qualify that statement, I am interested in some of your book reviews. Not ASP.NET! It's nice to see that you are continuously expanding your knowledge base. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete"I want to sell books with a somewhat boring subject matter. Hmmm, what would make them fly off the shelves? I know! Let's put the ugliest fish known to man on the cover!"
ReplyDelete"Yeah, a fish no one has ever seen or heard of!"
Then the Computer Book Publishers wonder why they're not cool. And single.
~CG