Friday, June 02, 2006

super party and seeing my nieces

Courtney and my sisters Michele and Mary and my mom threw a surprise party/shower for my other sister Monique. She got accepted into med school, and so will be financially stressed, so these ladies had it in their hearts to have a shower to provide for some of her needs. It made me happy to see the love in this event. A cousin and cousin-in-law and aunt and pastor's wife were there.

It was a ladies only thing, so I showed up later and got to see my 2 nieces. I saw Sophie first, who is looking more and more like her dad. She has a tight grip with her fingers and a good smile. We got to see her when she was a week old, so she has progressed a lot in the last 6 months!

Then I went to down to see Avery in the crib. She didn't spend much time with her uncle, except I unknowingly broke the baby strategy when I took her out of the crib. The strategy is that you leave them there so that they sleep. I didn't get to see her smile, as she was crying very loudly. But I got to sing to her and scratch her back, which calmed her down.

Earlier, Michele and Mary went to lunch with me, and they got to see my office. They expected it to be boring with the cubicles, but they found some nice people inside, and they were impressed with it all.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.