Friday, June 23, 2006

ups and downs

Hey all,
I thought I was going to post every day....

then I had to work a lot. which is also tough, because Courtney lives 50 minutes away. I had to stay in town 2 nights this week. The 1st to mow the lawn and work. The 2nd for worship practice last night.

anyway, even though i could say more about ups and downs, i want to jump to camp highlights.

One day i went blobbing. That is where you jump off a platform onto a big thing filled with air. If you are on the end, and someone jumps, you get catapulted in the lake.

Anyway, there was a long line, and I got bumped off right away, so blobbing was kind of overrated for me. But that isn't this story.

The story is that I pack a bag of clothes every day. I drive into the camp, and usually get out of my car and eat dinner or whatever. Well, after the blobbing, I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I realized that my clothes were still in my car about half a mile away! the only clothes I had were wet with lake water. I had the fan blowing on my shorts, and eventually had to go commando and retrieve the rest of my clothes.

I've played ultimate frisbee two Fridays in a row. This time I played barefoot, and my feet were so dirty!

Then I went to the Friday campfire for two Fridays in a row (Courtney is working with the volunteer teenagers, so I'm not talking about campers). Last week, a girl dislocated her shoulder while swing dancing right at the campfire before it started. So the nurse came by, and then Courtney left and went to the hospital with the girl. I, meanwhile, was still at the campfire, with people I didn't know, and it went on till the wee hours of the night.

I think those are the highlights.

3 comments:

  1. Hee hee...I'm just picturing you walking a half mile smiling to yourself! Are you ready for the Freedom run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.