Wow, what a weekend. Mo and I went to the Silent Auction for YouthFront. Courtney organized and did work for a lot of it. She was there from about 9 AM to 11 PM. The auction started at 6:30. Mo bid on about half the stuff, including $120 for a pair of $45 Jayhawks tickets. But luckily people outbid her on most of the stuff. Courtney and I won a few bids.
Then this morning before 8, Courtney packed her bag, and went to the Middle School Fall Retreat for church. she is teaching sunday school for the girls, and wanted to get to know them better.
I helped Ann and Nate Kurtz (Ann is my cousin) on their house. Part of that is showing up to play Ultimate Frisbee at 10 AM. So I went there and was surprised to see a few acquaintances for the first time since college. Raul and Sharon Morfii, Michael, and Tommy. And of course Christian and Katherine Zouein, my cousins, were there. Then I cooked some excellent brats and burgers for the workers at the house. Then I helped Christian to install Ann and Nate's wood floor. It is slow going, moving about 2 linear feet per hour. Their entire house is going to have the floor installed, so I think that will take a large number of hours...
It's not over. Then at 4:45 I headed home to mow the lawn. The battery had died, so I hooked up my new trickle charger. I had to wait 30 minutes (as I was losing daylight), and finally got the lawn mower to start and stay started.
So all this involved walking, running, throwing, bending, kneeling, pounding, standing, sweeping, sitting for over an hour because I was afraid the mower would die, and typing right now. And i'll look forward to hearing from Courtney about all she did at the retreat.
I was cracking up when Mo told me she bid on all that stuff without the money to back it up!! But when you think about it, she actually helped out the process of them getting more money for things. So go Mo!!
ReplyDelete