Thursday, December 14, 2006

Book Review #3 - Getting Along With People @ Work


I read this in 2 lunch hours at skimming speed, because it was really unapplicable.
I get along fine with all of my co-workers, and I genuinely like most of them. The reason I read it, is because before I ever started working, I was insecure about possible working relationships. It so happened that it never was a problem. But this is part of my goal of reading all of the books that I've acquired and have not read yet.

The person reading this that gets a lot out of it is probably really naive about how to relate to others. The entire book pretty much states the obvious.

One chapter that was good, however, was "Confronting Constructively". It helps to identify both wrong and good motives for confronting. But this is also not applicable to me at work, since most people are doing great jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.