Friday, January 05, 2007

Dan on the news

I was on the 10:00 news last night on KCTV5. We were on the plaza celebrating Courtney's birthday, when we came across the news people. And off camera they asked what we think about the Penguins coming to town. Courtney said, "What sport?" The newspeople laughed and decided not to interview her. Then they rolled the cameras and asked me "If the Penguins moved to Kansas City, how many games would you watch on TV?". And I said "None. I'd be happy if the Penguins moved here, but hockey isn't that interesting to watch on TV." Off-camera, we discussed more with the newspeople (Ty Wilson was the interviewer), and we said we'd go to one or two games.

So at night we watched the news. they showed some survey results with 38% percent of respondents would watch No games. Then they showed a clip of me saying "hockey isn't that interesting to watch on TV". And the name "Ben Alleres" flashed on the bottom of the screen. So Courtney and I are joking that if I ever get famous, I will go by "Ben Alleres". Overall, a great thing to happen on Courtney's birthday (which is coincidentally also my dad's birthday).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.