
When did I see this: Last week (for the first time)
Who did I see it with: Courtney my wife! (She also saw it for the first time)
Review:
This movie was heart-wrenching! Scarlett was really annoying about how she treated men, yet I admired her survival skills and personality. Rhett Butler was my favorite character, but I was irritated with him at the end. Ashley Wilkes could have straightened up the situation easily, so he is irritating as well.
Love story aside, it was a good historical piece. Both Courtney and I are interested in learning more about Civil War times. The costumes were fantastic, especially the huge dresses (forget what they are called). And the interior decorating is also amazing, as you might see in the draperies in the picture above.
Overall, I was wondering why it is considered one of the best movies ever. I would watch it again.
I saw this looonnnggg flick back when there was a dollar theatre in Manhattan my freshman year of college. The theatre is now part of Varney's. I loved it! I need to watch it again.
ReplyDeletecheck out glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com - could be helpful for ya'll.
ReplyDeleteThe book's so good that the script had to be good too.
ReplyDeletePeople say I imitate SCARLETT O'HARA, since we're both bitches. But I'm as genuine as she was, since we were from the same neck of the Georgia woods, and we both were stars of novels.
I saw MARGARET MITCHELL meet her tragic death on the sidewalk outside the Fox theater in 1949. (The Egyptian style theater in Atlanta where the movie GONE WITH THE WIND had premiered). A taxi hit her as she was crossing the street, looking up at the theater's marquee where her name was displayed prominently. I tried to warm her of the taxi, but she didn't seem to hear me.
www.ruthieblacknaked.blogspot.com