My parents got me a drill and garage storage shelf, Mo gave me a Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison CD. Awesome. I had been dropping hints about getting a drill. Mom made a cake of fruit. It wasn't a fruit cake. It was actually just fruit on a platter. But I appreciated it.
The most heartwarming gift was Courtney's gift of the Oscar Peterson Note-for-Note transcription. It was on my electronic wish list. She knows one of my only dreams is to be a jazz pianist. I had put this book on my wish list.
Being a jazz pianist is kind of a hard goal to define. I thought about this, and I think it has to involve performing in front of others. The performance wouldn't have to be a concert - I'd actually rather play at a party. And it would involve playing several challenging songs.Being a jazz pianist to me does not mean becoming an expert in improvisation. I am content with playing from a sheet. However, jazz is somewhat defined by improvisation, so these sheets are hard to find. That is why I found a few, and put them on my wish list, and voila, I have one now. I figure these will be very hard to learn, but once I learn 6 or more, I can start letting people know that I could play for a party.
To read more about Oscar Peterson, go here

Courntey also got me a short cut capo. This helps guitar players to get interesting sounds that would be almost impossible to do without. And she got me some gluten-free snacks.
So I am now involved again with 3 different instruments! Yeah!
And Courtney also made me dinner and a gluten-free chocolate cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.