I enjoyed the time I spent with Dad last week. On Thursday we took the flat tire off of my riding lawn mower, and took it to QuikTrip to try to pump it up. It worked, and we gave each other a high five! Then we went to the garden store and learned about weed poison.
Then Saturday, we emptied the oil out of the mower. It was black as dirt. We went to the store looking for a new spark plug and air filter. Then I sprayed weed poison onto my entire lawn. It was not fun, so it better work! (I need to mention it got increasingly cold that day too) Then we put up my new garage shelves. And Dad unclogged our kitchen sink with a pipe snake. There may have been a high five involved at that moment as well. If there wasn't, there should have been.
I'm thankful for the good time we had together. Not all sons have their dads in town, and even if they were in town, not all dads would help out like that.
Birthday post coming up!
You are lucky. We had to call Roto Rooter not too long ago, which was like $100 after buying clog stuff and a snake. Sheesh.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the birthday post!