Dr. Dopson recently said if Rudy Guiliani was the Republican nominee for President in 2008, he would sit out and vote neither Republican nor Democrat.
Read this blog for the excellent discussion surrounding this idea.
I have thought about this, and it is a difficult decision. However, I will go against the idea. I think when it comes down to the general election, I need to vote, and to vote to win.
I wish Dobson hadn't said that he maybe wouldn't vote in that special case (Guliani vs Clinton or Obama). He could have focused on the alternative vote option. I wish he wouldn't put the no vote option in people's minds because that is the easy way out of an annoying situation. I recognize that Dobson is just trying to make a point, but I worry about what silly people might do with it.
ReplyDeleteI am learning more about Christian anarchism and have friends leaning toward that option. While that is pretty hip, I think it is still important to be involved in SOME way in our republic. Let's not give up on the government just because it is an imperfect system.
The anarchists I know of are focused on social action and reform through private acts of love. It's great! And lives transformed by the love of Christ have an unmeasurable impact on the quality of life in our country.
Thanks for your stimulating blog comment. I've never
ReplyDeleteheard of the term Christian anarchism.