This Sunday after church, we all gathered in the parking lot to dedicate our new flag poles. One of our members wore a flag shirt, similar to the one on the left, and he sang "I'm Proud to be an American" to a music track. As he sang, some veterans raised the American, Kansan, and the Christian flag. Then some youth read the names of all of our veterans. My dad was listed. Then some trumpet players played taps. Then there was a potluck, which I opted out of.Courtney got back from camp, and asked me who the flagpoles were dedicated to. I said I wasn't sure, but I guessed America. We also discussed how much we don't care for/about the Christian flag.
I was sorry to miss the ceremony. I would have liked to have heard the song. I used to pledge allegiance to the Christian flag ever year at VBS when I was young. I think it's a symbol of allegiance to the Christian faith. What are your objections?
ReplyDeleteour objection to the flag is that it is meaningless to our minds and hearts, therefore it is a foreign concept and it gives us no emotions except for questions about its existence. Christ gave us physical symbols of communion and baptism, which far outdo a flag in terms of symbolism.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with you guys on this, Dan.
ReplyDelete