Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jackhammering

I will put up a picture sometime of the big pile of rubble that we produced. I basicially have the same problem now (cement and asphalt in my yard), but it's in a nice pile instead of in slabs. I will be looking into renting a dumpster or something.

A jackhammer is the best tool ever. It does almost all of the work. In fact, if you put your weight into it, it hinders the tool from working properly. The toughest part about it is lifting it up. It must have been 75 pounds, so by the end of a few hours, my body could hardly hold itself up. I was stumbling around trying to find my balance. And my arms started to collapse near the end. Surprisingly today, I feel fine - better than after I played softball.


But we got it done. It took the entire 3 hours.


We had a nice lunch at the place Dad likes to call "Los Rios". But it's really Dos Reales. Then after lunch we came back and moved some of the rubble. Just one more exciting thing we've done on our house.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that's done. What a tough job for you and Dad!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.