Saturday, June 14, 2008

Movie Review: Rush Hour 3

This is one of the worst movies I have seen in a while. The plot was weak, and I suffered from "parents in the room" syndrome during the inappropriate scenes, even though it was just me and Courtney.

I had seen the previous Rush Hour movies and enjoyed them, so I thought I'd enjoy the third. I waited on the list at the library for a couple of months.

I enjoyed the addition of the French cab driver who drove Chan and Tucker around, who at first hated America, and then "got hooked" on the violence of American culture, and began to think he was a super spy. It's so ridiculous that it is not offensive.

The action sequence at the end of the movie on the Eiffel Tower is probably the best scene of the movie.

Realistic is not an adjective to describe this movie. The plot seemed to have just been thrown together during an all-nighter writing session.

You'd have to have the maturity of a 13-year-old boy to love and appreciate the scenes with nudity. It is simply gratuitous.

The character that Tucker plays, even though he is generally hilarious, seems to make fun of the mannerisms of Black Americans, and he also exaggerates some stereotypes to the point of embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.