
This 2006 movie is about a museum of natural history in NYC, where all of the statues of animals and people come to life. A new night guard, played by Ben Stiller, was desperate for a job, and is initially daunted by the surprising task to keep the museum in order. He only keeps working to impress his son, and then has to save the day from the enemy - which is surprisingly the previous guards.
I loved the cast, especially Dick Van Dyke and Mickey Rooney, who play two of the previous night guards. I also like Robin Williams and the actress who was Audrey in 24. But the story fell flat for me. I think if I was 9 years old, I would have really loved this movie. The movie was funny, but the end really was poor to me. The night guard (Larry)'s job was to keep all of the creatures inside of the museum. Of course they are all outside at one point. The final climax of the movie is going to be how to get all of them inside. But then all it takes is for the Pharoah to say a little spell, and then they all go back to the museum. And then it's all wrapped up nicely. The son and the hot museum tour guide love Larry. And so do all of the animals and living wax figures. Even his boss loves him, because visitors come streaming into the museum because of the previous night's antics. And he will apparently spend the rest of his life working $11.50 as a night guard, just because it's that good.
The special effects were very good. But as a whole, the movie fell short of my expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.