Sunday, June 07, 2009

Movie Review: Shrek the Third


This movie is worth watching for the special effects, if nothing else. Several times in the movie, it looked like it was actually filmed. The way that nature acts, or that hair flows in the wind, are all depicted just like reality. It's notable that the movie does not take place in a real world, but that the laws of gravity and nature are usually the same.

I don't usually read online reviews, but I needed a little help on this one. I liked a review that said that the movie plot is basically a repeat of the first Shrek. In the first, Shrek goes and gets Fiona and they argue along the way, and then become close by the end. In the second, it's the same thing, except Shrek goes to get Arthur. Also, Shrek gets rescued by the cast of fairy tale characters in both. the reviews also claimed that Shrek the Third relies too much on body humor again, and that inserting rock songs is too cliche now.

I think reviewers tend to be overly cynical. I love the humor in the movie. I didn't like the new character of Arthur, because he didn't have a consistent personality at all. Is he a wimp or is he tough? Is he nice or mean?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.