I opened my blinds while I ate breakfast as usual, but this time there was a police officer with a rifle pointed at my neighbor's house. So I woke up Courtney and we watched the situation unfold.
Then I looked out the front door, and could see officers there with guns pointed at my neighbors house. Check out this guy in camo, with our Jeep in the foreground.
Courtney had to teach Sunday School. And it was weird to go outside while there were guns drawn. She didn't know if she was allowed to leave the house, but we asked an officer to make sure. I stayed behind to see what happened. Then a big armored vehicle pulled up to the house. It used loudspeakers to negotiate with the suspect.
Then nothing happened for about 30 minutes. I tried to do other things while keeping an eye what was happening. Eventually the SWAT team (called STAR team here!) showed up and began preparing for action. I was being discreet, basically opening the front door slightly and taking the picture.
Then around 10:20, they suddenly stormed the house, so I started taking a video. I've never taken a video with this camera before. At the end you'll see that the rescue vehicle drove up and parked in exactly the wrong spot.
The rescue vehicle blocked my view of the guy surrendering, but I took an interesting picture of the officers on the side of the house.
Finally, the man surrendered and in this picture he is in the police car. The STAR team is packing up. Notice the police dog?
Here is an article about what happened
At 6:39 a.m., police responded to a physical disturbance between an unmarried couple at a house. The woman escaped to a neighbor's house and called 911. When police arrived, the man locked himself in the residence, where a standoff ensued.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.