Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Restaurant Review: Rice House

I'm kind of tired of writing reviews for Chinese take out places. This place at 87th & Lackman, in the old Dairy Queen, is just the same as all of the others. Ugly pictures of the menu above the counter, a picture of some Chinese landscape on the wall, cheap furniture, boxes stacked up in the corner. ( By the way, why did Dairy Queen go out of business? There are no other ice cream places around there. )

When I walked in, the first thing I noticed was the gold pot-bellied dancing Buddha on the counter. Or whatever it was. The person taking the order made a decent attempt at being friendly. The food was not as good as Taste of China, which is near 79th and Quivira. The portions are large, but I did pay for it as well - around $8.

1 comment:

  1. thinking of you as the big family weekend approaches. wish I could be there! mary

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.