Friday, May 01, 2009
Movie Review: Annie Hall
This Woody Allen film had the distinction of beating Star Wars for Best Picture in 1977. It was actually one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. But not more deserving of Best Picture than Star Wars.
The opening scene was very good:
The "free love" and drug cultures were portrayed really well - I expected to see more of that in the 60s movies, but I guess the 70s is the time for that too. I wasn't sure what to expect from Woody Allen, who is generally known as a perverted old man. And his character was quite obsessed with sex, but came across as very endearing, funny man. The one-liners he shoots out are terrific, and it was a very good acting job, it almost looked improvised. Diane Keaton did a great job in her role, adding a lot of stuttering to the speech and clumsiness.
Paul Simon plays a role, and a young Christopher Walken has a very funny scene.
There are many creative film making methods in the movie, it seemed like they threw everything in there, such as freezing the frame as Allen's character speaks to the camera, or showing him as an animated character, and many other memorable things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.