Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Restaurant Review: Backwater Jack's (Lake of the Ozarks)

We were with our small group at the Lake of the Ozarks, and Saturday evening we visited Backwash Jack's Bar and Grill.  The rest of the group went by boat, but we drove because of baby transportation and eating needs. This may be a good time to point out that the bridge we crossed has a $2.50 toll one way.

We asked the hostess if a group of 10 people had showed up, and she promptly got involved in some social conversation, but luckily someone from our group saw us and retrieved us.  The small crowded building we went into had about six tables, but was mostly standing room for the bar.  The standing room quickly exceeded the posted maximum occupancy ,but eventually died down.  But I could not hear the person next to me speak, mostly because music coming out of a speaker right next to us.   Annique was awake but not crying. I figured that she knew no one would hear her, so she intelligently chose to remain quiet.   And...I tried not to look at the floor, because there was part of someone's meal down there.

The joke was that we were overdressed....a lot of guys didn't have shirts on and some women wore bikinis, and we were under-drunk.

BUT the food was excellent.  I had a jerk grilled chicken meal.  And the server was nice.  He opted not to wear the company shirt that said on the front "DRINK UP BITCHES!", and on the back "WE FEAR NO BEER".  Instead he just wore a Vodka brand shirt.

So needless to say, Backwater Jack's is a different culture...it's Lake culture, and more specifically Lake party culture. I would go again, but would dine outside, and I'd probably check out some other restaurants first!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great blogger, I really enjoy reading everything you write. -"Anonymous"

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.