Sunday, July 30, 2006

last wedding of the summer

Courtney's cousin got married on Saturday, which made the 3rd straight wedding this month, and the 6th since we got married. But this is the end for the summer.

The weirdest coincidences happen all the time. A groomsman in the wedding was Kevin Schmitt, the brother of Erik Schmitt, who died earlier this year. But I've known Kevin from church for over 10 years, and he happens to be best friends with Courtney's cousins new husband. I saw him this morning, again, at a post-wedding gift-opening time.

The other thing is that the groom, Levi Brockelman, is from Grinnel Kansas, a small town in Western Kansas. This wouldn't be a big deal, except, I have been to Grinnell and know someone from there. One of the first people I met at K-State was Greg Dickman, on the 9th floor of Haymaker. One time, a bunch of us went on a road trip to Grinnell, just to say that we went there. Anyway, the Brockelman's know Greg Dickman really well, and even told me that he got married recently.

Not much going on this week. I have a life-insurance medical exam on Tuesday evening, so I am not supposed to eat anything all day. I may have lunch with big sister Mo on Wednesday. And we'll be babysitting for Sophie on Aug 5.

Oh, yeah and we saved about $17 today, by use of coupons. Courtney is really alert and resourceful like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.