Since this is the first John Grisham book I've read, it is ironic that I chose the only one that is not about lawyers. This is about a 7-year old boy growing up on a cotton farm in rural Arkansas. His family employs hill people and Mexicans on the same day. The rest of the book is about funny or freakish events that happen. Also, it is a good life piece about a farming lifestyle.Also very cool is how the boy likes baseball. And his uncle is in the army in Korea. I thought my dad would like to read it since he grew up on a farm, likes baseball, and went to Korea. But I don't think my dad is into fiction that much!
I'm still debating whether or not to give this to Courtney as my birthday book. As part of our agreement, I can give her a book to read for my birthday. In fact, I went and picked this one up because I am frantically looking for a book to hand off to her! In summary, I enjoyed the book, and made me thankful that I didn't have to pick cotton all day as a 7-year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.