I have recently been browsing the library book shelves for good fiction. I found our beloved "The Cat Who..." series by browsing, and thought I could find some more good books. I was shocked to find that most of the fiction is extremely sexual and violent. It is almost impossible to find a work of modern fiction that is readable. So I decided that I will have to hear about good clean fiction by word of mouth. If you read any good books with no explicit sex scenes and no grotesque depictions of violence, please send them on to me. This is no criticism of public libraries, by the way.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to comment on "Christian fiction". I don't believe in being an isolationist. My solution to the above problem is not to find all of my books in Christian catalogs or stores. I think Christian fiction can be very good (I read 3 Ted Dekker books already this year). However, I do not want to limit my range of reading.
Yeah, there's a lot of junk out there. I'll let you know if I read something that I think you'll like.
ReplyDelete