Yes, I am now including my tech books on my reviews. After months of starting tech books, and never finishing them, I'm starting to make an effort to finish them. I came across this one somehow at work. Transact-SQL is the name of the programming language I use at work. I am already, and have been one of the most knowledgable people about SQL at work, and I know most of the basic tasks. It's the more obsure things that are sometimes useful to know.

The downside to this book is that it is from 2000, and the code snippets are no longer available online. Also, since this book was written, there is a new Microsoft SQL Server product called 2005, that this book doesn't talk about obviously. However, our company still uses SQL Server 2000 a lot anyway.
I don't recommend this book, because I really only got a few tips out of it. It's not suited well for a beginner or advanced user. It just kind of covers the whole range. And it's time to move on to books that use the latest software.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.