"Dear Dan,
Your dear wife, Courtney, sent your address to my wife Linda. She had written asking for your address because she saw your blog about a month ago concerning my book No More Shacks!"
OK, this is the great thing about it. As small as my blog readership seems to be, the reach of it is surprising. I get so excited when an unexpected person reads my blog. In this case, my excitement was through the roof, because this was a non-form letter from someone who founded an amazing organization.
Then it goes on
"I was touched by what you wrote in your blog and I'm so pleased that you visited your church library and picked up that book that was written all those many years ago"
"By separate mail, I am sending you a complimentary copy of this new book..."
"God bless you and your wife, Courtney. You are obviously a man of faith and you are also a good writer. I appreciate you doing that blog about my book, No More Shacks."
"Thanks again for your good blog. Millard Fuller (dictated, signed in his absence)"
Here is my original post: http://lostlifefound.blogspot.com/2008/04/book-review-no-more-shacks-by-millard.html It has a picture link that is no longer valid, in case you were wondering.
Also here is the book that I received in the mail today:

Linda and Millard, if you're out there, thanks so much for blessing me, as I have blessed you! I'll read your new book, and you can find a review right back here!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.