Thursday, May 01, 2008

This week

I owe you all a review of "Chasing Francis" by Ian Cron.

We are continuing to train for our respective events. Courtney has been swimming for lifeguard training (this and next weekend), and I have been running for my Corporate Challenge 5K (on May 10). Tuesday, our pool was being cleaned, so we drove to 119th and Metcalf to swim at the largest 24 Hour Fitness in town. It was a big movie theater back in the day and now it's a really nice gym. The architecture is fun. The bathrooms are probably old theaters. Where Courtney swam there was a nice fountain on the wall. It would be interesting to me to see a before and after. The same day, dad came over and sprayed our entire lawn for weeds, and I helped out. And I had softball practice last night for Corporate Challenge. It was really nice out.

Also, I almost forgot to mention that my car on Wednesday morning suddenly sounded like a motor"sickle" when I pulled out of the driveway. People were turning their heads as I drove, to check out the loud noise. I took it to Dr. Kwan (with help from mom and dad), and it turned out that my flex pipe was broken. This part as its main purpose apparently allows the engine to move around slightly. It also turned out when I went to pay for it, that it is the 2nd most expensive part, about 10% of the worth of my car! So it makes me wonder, what's the most I would pay for a repair percentage-wise?


image of flex pipes

3 comments:

  1. sorry about the expensive repair! bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rebuilt transmission (w/warranty): $1767.23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's expensive! Dr.Kwan must have not been considering that as a part. He said catalytic converter was most expensive, and then flex pipes.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.