Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Movie Review: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

I came into this movie expecting good things, because the Paul Newman - Robert Redford combo worked so well in The Sting. It was The Sting, I believe, that inspired us to watch all of the Best Picture winners. See my review for The Sting here from January 2007.


I wish this one had won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1969, because it would rank pretty high on my ranking of winners.

This movie was pretty impressive at first viewing. It's really artsy. There is a long sequence in the middle that I grew impatient with, and that is one of my questions with it. There is also an acappella song that I didn't like towards the end of the movie. But overall it makes a great movie.


The music was composed by Burt Bacharach. And they took a big risk by composing a song named "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" for a certain scene. It's a risk because it really has nothing to do with the movie, and it is a totally different music style than the rest of the movie. But it works. And I don't think I'll post the clip because it probably would take away from the experience to see this clip before seeing the movie, but you can search on YouTube if you want.


I think this movie is great because of the acting, because of the creativity that saturates it.



1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.