Sunday, February 01, 2009

Restaurant Review: Joe's Crab Shack

1) We pretty much never eat out 2) we never eat out for seafood. So this was almost a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me. Courtney's parents and aunt and uncle went to eat at Joe's Crab Shack and we went along.

I ordered crab legs. It is "a lot of work for a little food" as Kenny said. I had a special plastic tool that they gave me to open them and get the food out. It was difficult at first, but I got used to it.

The crab legs also came with sausage, potatoes, and corn on the cob, and shrimp. Needless to say, I had some leftovers that I am taking home. It all tasted great!

The interior really looked like a shack - wooden walls and tin roof.

We were the special needs table - Courntey said she is highly allergic to shrimp. They said they couldn't promise that steak or chicken wouldn't be cooked on the same grill as shrimp. So she got a salad. It was nice of her to hang in there. Laurie had them turn the strobe light off because it would give her a seizure. I didn't even say anything about wheat.
The waiters do a little dance - really fun- I've never seen that before in a restaurant!

Right before we left, the Steelers scored that 100-yd interception return on the little TV we were watching. Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. "special needs table" ha! i love that. glad your enjoyed the evening at joe's ... personally, i don't care for the food, atmosphere or the silly little dancing wait staff.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.