- Not enough people even read my blog
- People somehow feel uncomfortable commenting that my wife is attractive!
- I maybe didn't write the post well enough to elicit comments.
We trekked to St Louis last weekend, and had brought the nieces along on the return trip.
The first thing we did was to walk to the local art muffin shop. Avery and Maya were upset that they didn't get to eat muffins right there. But we distracted them by making it cool to use crayons to decorate the box that they were in. A 5 minute trip turned into 20 as Avery looked for "treasures" as we went along - rocks and other stuff.
Then we had some King and I Thai food - at least the third time I had been there through the years. And I learned first-hand about the challenges of sitting down in a restaurant with a 3 and 1 year old. (Is there a theme yet about how kids change everything? I don't mean this to come across negatively - just making observations.)
Saturday we visited the gem stores of Brentwood - Trader Joe's, the Container Store and REI. Trader Joe's was great as usual. I'm looking forward to trying out my dried dragon fruit, whatever that is. REI was like a small Galyans - i almost bought a small Nalgene. And Container Store was actually disappointing to me. I wanted to see some awesome displays about how to organize my garage. But it turned out to be like a Wal-mart or Target, just with a bunch of products on shelves.
That night, Steven put on his movie-watching glasses, and we watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", our next Best Picture winner. I went in with high-expectations, and i don't think they were met, but it was still an entertaining movie throughout.
Sunday morning, we loaded the nieces into the Jeep, and left town in a new way because of a highway closure. Then with only one stop we made it home.
I love these pics! I love you and Maya, and Mary and Ave pics! I was impressed you were so brave to drive Ave and Maya all the way to KC!
ReplyDeleteL, Mo