Sunday, September 27, 2009

Movie Review: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark


I was surprised to find out that I hadn't seen this movie yet. I guess that makes sense, since it was filmed in the year that we were born - 1981. And by the time we were of movie watching age, the popularity had died down somewhat. I remember seeing the third movie, The Last Crusade, several times growing up, and it was filmed in 1989.

I enjoyed the action and chase scenes. And the concept of an archeologist competing with Nazis to find the greatest religious artifact, the Lost Ark, is a winner. I love Harrison Ford in the role. The special features said that Tom Selleck was the first choice, but obligations with Magnum P.I.

The movie is not at all realistic in the action scenes, and it's not meant to be. Most of the time, comedic elements are added into everything. There is some supernatural things when the Nazis attempt to perform a religious ceremony with the Ark. It was a good movie.






1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, where the mom from "The Sandlot" gets her start.

    ~C

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.