Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Restaurant Review: Samurai Teriyaki

I had seen this place for a while, and teriyaki bowls sounded really appealing to me. Having my gluten allergy, you don't understand how cool it is to have a restaurant where I can eat most things. I can eat rice and meat. Teriyaki bowl. I'm not sure if the sauce is gluten free, but I can live with not knowing.

We dropped by on a Wednesday evening, and it was shocking to me how there were no customers. And only one employee, who took the order and cooked. Then when I wanted to ask her a question, she was back cooking behind some curtains, and there was no way to get her attention. Besides yelling and screaming, which are not my thing.

The environment was pleasant. Although I wouldn't have a private conversation there, because it's one of those places where you can hear everything.

The food was tasty. It was expensive. I think I ended up paying around $20. But we had leftovers, so it was like two meals. Still, I don't blame them for high prices, because you have to pay bills. But I may not go there often, and we don't eat out a lot anyway.

It is located at 87th and Gillette, next to the YMCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.