Thursday, April 29, 2010

Book Review: The First Twelve Months of Life

I have a new policy on my blog. I used to only blog about books that I read completely. The purpose of that was so I would have an accurate count of the number of books I read. That was more important when I was having a little competition year to year about the number of books that I read. I will not read 30+ books again for a while, I don't think. Also, it would be good to write about books I started, but didn't like...and that is the case with this book.

I ran across it in the library. And Aunt E recommended it. But it turns out that Aunt E was actually recommending "Your Baby's First Year - Week By Week", but called it by the wrong name.

This book, The First Twelve Months of Life, has not had a reprint since 1994.

And it seems to be even older. There was a sentence in there about how "Negroe babies" have certain health tendencies. And it always used the pronoun "he" as referring to the baby. Although this might have been a victory against political correctness in the 90s, it's just weird now. Also it's really boring and tiresome. It's no surprise that it's no longer in print.

So I read a couple of chapters. I am currently reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child"...that is actually really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.