Thursday, April 29, 2010

Restaurant Review: Pizza Fusion

For my 29th bday, I decided to try out Pizza Fusion with Courtney and Mo. (Watching the baby at night is affording me the time to write this) .

The main reason was because they offer gluten free crusts. And I think maybe they make the crusts rather than getting Olivia's oven brand.

It was extremely tasty, and also very expensive. They overdo the environment-friendly theme. They deliver pizza only in hybrid cars. And they use only organic ingredients. We were discussing how Leawood is a perfect place for such a restaurant, since it's one of the wealthiest areas in the county and probably the nation.

I would go again...maybe get a small pizza though.

And I would go on Thursday, because if you buy a gluten free pizza on Thursday, you get a gluten free brownie. And it is really good.

I think baby's asleep. I will apply the swaddle me and get on with some sleep myself.

----------

UPDATE: more info
-I want to say that my Pizza Fusion pizza was the best GF pizza I've ever had - I think it was called Farmer's Market flavor.
- I will review prices to see how they compare to other local gluten free pizzas. This would be a great project anyway. I've been to four places now in KC.
-Also I forgot to mention that our server was very nice.
-Also, it was not very busy on a Thursday evening. We were guessing that it would be more of a popular weekend spot or lunch spot.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you stopped by to celebrate your birthday with us! Happy Belated Birthday!!

    You made an interesting comment that I couldn't resist making a remark about and that is about the price. Unfortunately for now, we do need to give an extra charge for gluten-free crusts, but I am hoping that as more and more people order them, our costs for the ingredients will go down which we will be able to pass onto you.

    Overall, we are very proud to offer amazingly low prices that are competitive even for non-organic foods. Leawood was the first to launch the $4.99 lunch special where you get a personal pizza and salad for that low price (who needs a $5 footlong???)... We even launched a $19.99 dinner for four special which includes an XL pizza and Fusion Salad (these are both for cheese or pepperoni pizzas).

    So we are striving every day to give everyone the best value and quality foods so more people can eat healthy natural and organic foods and a very good price - stay tuned as we get even more creative!

    In the meantime, I hope you will accept a Belated Birthday Present from us on your next visit and get 10% off your order. Just show this message to the server and enjoy the meal!!

    Sleep well and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tia, thanks for the comment! I will compare Pizza Fusion prices to Waldo pizza, and if it turns out about even, I will adjust my blog to say that the prices are normal! (Unfortunately normal is still high when it comes to GF). Sorry I didn't have time to do a really comprehensive review. We will try out the specials, and thanks for the coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! See how cool Pizza Fusion is!!! That is fun that they responded to you! Loved celebrating the "new papa year" birthday with you!! :) L, mo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.