This 1952 Best Picture winner was one of the better ones for sure. It was in color which was a huge plus. It featured real footage of circus acts that were amazing. It included elephants, dogs riding on horses, little people, clowns, acrobats, and amazing costumes.The plot was good except for the love triangle, or square. I really didn't care if any of the characters ended up with each other. Actually the only character I really felt empathy for was Buttons the clown, played by James Stewart. That character had the added twist of being wanted for murder, hence why we wore makeup all of the time.
This movie also features Charlton Heston in one of his first ever movies, actually considered to be his breakthrough movie. I also read trivia that this was the first movie Steven Spielberg saw when he was 4 years old.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.