Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Book Review: The Client, by John Grisham

After the heavy reading of Multmann theology, I decided to go for some candy. So I picked up my first Grisham lawyer book. I previously read A Painted House, which was Grisham's first non-lawyer book. That one made Hon Mention #2 on my 2007 Awards.

This had a good story about a boy who saw a man commit suicide. But first, the man told him a Mob secret that authorities want to know all about. Then the boy has to weigh telling the secret and being in physical danger.

Grisham's writing style seems to have $$$ in mind, because it reads just like a movie. It is a movie waiting to happen. So I will be seeing the movie soon. Also, Grisham has limited his cuss words to the word "ass" with its many variations. Although I appreciate this, I have to mention that he used it about 120 times. My other current book, Dishwasher, uses several choice words as well but I will review that one later.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.