Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Altar 2008

Courtney and I attended a contemplative retreat at YouthFront Camp South called The Altar. You may have heard about this before, because I have attended 4 times now. The weekend has gotten long for me in the past, so this time I drove down on Saturday morning, and stayed until Sunday.

The theme of the weekend was modern day slavery and fair trade, and how being Christians means that we should think about these things. We had regular times of solitude and prayer, and the Scripture read in that time was from Isaiah. It told from God's point of view that he doesn't appreciate as much as we do our religiosity and worship, and the real kind of worship he would like is to see us freeing those in chains, feeding those with hunger, etc. This was convicting. But I still struggle with what exactly I can/should do about this.

We had a speaker that told us that God only expects us to offer up our limited resources. The boy with the fish and loaves offered them up, and God was able to use it. So I would like to inventory what skills exactly I would have to offer.

For more details check out Mike King's blog inthe links on the right.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.