The US govt should let the free market take course. Companies that have made very bad decisions and have failed are essentially being saved by the government.
If no one else wanted to help these failing companies because of common sense, why would I want tax dollars doing this? The economy would have adjusted after a period of time. I'm not convinced that period of time would have even been very difficult. Most importantly, companies would learn from their mistakes and not have an enabler in the US govt. We need a true conservative in the White House, who is sadly neither of the candidates nor the current President.
Interesting way to look at it. AIG is such a huge company, affecting so many employees that its influence would affect the world economy. If the government didn't step in, I think we'd have to be content with a less prosperous economy, which really wouldn't be a bad thing.
ReplyDeleteDo you get your information from the evening news? I get mine from talk radio. The viewpoints are completely different on the two media.
ReplyDeletethink of it this way. we're now subsidizing one of the highest paid rosters in all of sports--manchester united (chief sponser aig). the brits will really resent us now.
ReplyDelete