This was kind of inspiring. Instead of asking questions about Why and When, instead ask questions How and What. Such as "What can I do about this situation?" QBQ stands for the Question Behind the Question.
Many of the chapters are 1 page. It was apparently written for people with extremely short attention spans. There were a few good stories about people who exhibited personal responsibility. None of those people had read the book QBQ, thus proving that the book is not really necessary.
But still, it has challenged me when I have caught myself asking the wrong questions.
It is a very short book, but still has 20 chapters. It is actually more like a pamphlet than a book.
Some people I have worked with in the past have had an attitude of blame and they asked many Why or Who questions. And they are not here anymore, because it was not possible for them to thrive in an environment where personal responsibility is necessary. We are a lean hard working machine.
I think the stories of the people with personal accountability in the book are inspiring. For the people in those examples, the book is unnecessary. For others who look to blame, the book is necessary.
ReplyDelete~CG